Monday, December 21, 2009

farewell.

i found this message a few days ago. i wrote it when i was leaving college to come back home for good. i had kind of forgotten about it, but it's an important message to me.




at this point in my life, i have no idea where i'm going. in the city of portland, i grew and learned many things that i would've not learned without the opportunity to live in the city. i've experienced being on my own for the first time, something that many people have openly doubted that i could ever do. i lost a few things along the way but discovered much more. college found me meeting a few people that i can say that i do believe i can open up and discuss just about anything with. people like that are hard to find and especially hard for me to find in the city.

when i first arrived in this new element, i was scared out of my mind. i was overwhelmed by my new surroundings. i was even afraid of the streetcar and the max. i experienced scary professors and a few nice ones as well. i ate all of that gross cafeteria food that everyone tells you is horrible. guess what though, some of that cafeteria food is actually pretty good tasting and i took for granted having a hot meal in front of me at almost any given moment.

so you may ask... where am i going? what am i doing with my life? i am undecided. i just know that right now, i couldn't focus on my schoolwork enough to do great in college. being away from family and friends is probably the hardest challenge i've faced in my life.

don't fear for my future, i have the faith that i can do anything with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment